This course provides practical training in cattle foot trimming and will support delegate skills towards the standard required to become a NACFT licenced trimmer. For beginners the course will form a solid platform for starting a career involving foot trimming, for those with experience the course provides further training, a practical refresher and the opportunity to share skills and experience with peers and for informal assessment if required.
Duration: Two days
Who simply MUST attend?
Vet Techs looking to work within aspects of practical hoof care on farm and Vet Techs working as foot trimmers looking to refresh skills. It is also suitable for vets wishing to develop their practical foot trimming skills.
What’s different about this course?
- A practical foot trimming course which aims to take delegates to the NACFT level licensed foot trimmer
- This is the only foot trimming course that brings together colleagues from across XLVets offering a unique experience to share information around foot trimming with competitors.
What are the likely benefits to the business?
- Structured CPD opportunity for existing Vet Techs
- Development of skills from whatever starting position
- Quality assurance achieved by informal assessment, feedback and experience
- Opportunity to develop skills to start a foot trimming service for practices that don’t currently have one
- Develop a solid understanding of bovine foot anatomy and physiology
- Understand and retain the Dutch foot trimming method theory and practical application
- Apply these skills in practice safely
- Develop these skills to include the safe and effective use of power tools
- Recognise the common causes of lameness and the practical approach to treatment.