Duration: One day
This course is for the general practitioner, both experienced and new graduates. It is aimed at any vet that would like to become more confident in their abilities to understand tooth extraction cases in their practice.
What’s different about this course?
The day comprises a mixture of demonstrations, content rich lectures and hands on practical sessions using a range of tools.
What changes can delegates expect as a result of the course?
Delegates can expect to become more confident when extracting teeth and have increased knowledge to tooth root morphology, the correct technique, having appropriate equipment and having practice & patience.
What are the likely benefits to the business?
An increased knowledge of this challenging procedure will allow for more cases to take place in practice.
- When is extraction indicated?
- The tools for the job – the essential kit.
- Sectioning and closed extraction.
- Surgical extraction for canine teeth and non-routine extractions.
- Dealing with the fractured root.
- A different approach for cat tooth extraction tool with or without FORL’s.
The course comprises of a mixture of demonstrations and practical hands on sessions.