This course is ideal for new graduates and those who are in their early years of practice.
What is different about this course?
It offers training in a small group with a big practical element. You will relate scanning findings to treatment and client advice on farm.
What changes can delegates expect as a result of the course?
This course will add value to your fertility visits and increase the level of your work from the increasing presence of the techs/lay scanners and now even farmers.
Benefits to the Business?
Will get farmers to see the benefit of retaining the vet as a key part of fertility management, despite increasing applications of other technologies and synchronisation programs.
- Set your machine up for the best quality image
- Recognise what are true images and what are artefacts
- Appreciate the many appearances of the corpus luteum
- Combine images of the ovaries and uterus with other information to more accurately predict the stage of the cycle
- Use all the information to give the best treatment and/or advice in the case of an ‘open’ cow
- Diagnose early pregnancies and twins with confidence and appreciate the pitfalls in routine fertility work
- Develop a sound approach to the management of uterine disease