This CPD will further your skills and knowledge in the following topics; Microscope use and basic setup, Sample preparation and collection, Staining, Haematology, Cytological specimens and The Referral lab. Based around one-day with external trainers, you will leave this workshop feeling confident in your practice to undergo Cytology cases, in return you will get client satisfaction and less cases being transferred to external laboratories.
- Understand operating principles, basic microscope setup, housekeeping and microscope care.
- Understanding in house stains (rapid staines) and housekeeping.
- Optimising and adapting staining technique.
- Importance of manual blood smear review - how this can get the most out of automated machines.
- Pros/Cons of automated machines.
- Blood smear preparation and examination technique.
- Blood cell identification and morphology.
- Overview of anaemia and classification. Overview of inflammation.
- Some interesting cases and practical case studies.
- Sample collection techniques and considerations.
- Prioritising samples and optimising cell preservation.
- Cell line of origin.
- Inflammation, neoplasia or mixed pictures.
- What is normal?
- Skin lesions.
- Basic lymph node assessment (reactive vs hyperplastic or grey area).
- Fostering a relationship and optimising communication.
- Understanding and getting the most from the cytology report, When/When not to refer.
Cost (inc. VAT): £300.00
Trainer: Stephen Jordan
Date: 28 Mar 2018
Start Time: 10:00
Duration: 5.5 Hours
Address: Tyndale Vets Ltd, Lower Wick, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11 6DD