Train the Trainer is ideal for any member who is in a position of training others, whether that be students, farmers, or the practice team. XLVet member practices have realised the benefit of placing team members from all aspects of their business on the course, with in excess of six hundred members attending, since partnering with AtLast Training who deliver the course. These members have included vets, vet nurses, head receptionists, the IT team and admin team.
Train the Trainer
Duration: Two days
Who must attend the first two days?
The first two day programme is for any member who wishes to instruct/present courses, or deliver team training.
Objectives of the first two days are:
- Plan effective training
- Understand how adults learn
- Use communication tools: what is available and what works best
- Know which training style should be used in different circumstances; how to adopt a style that requires trainees to think and participate
- Use practical tools for assessment: the power of the question
Advanced Train the Trainer
Duration: Four days
Who must attend the four day programme?
This is for any member who wishes to register as a Lantra-awards instructor or present Lantra-approved courses. In addition, anyone who is serious about helping trainees learn.
Objectives of the four day programme are:
- Plan and structure a practical skills training session
- Deliver training sessions with improved confidence
- Manage learner practice time
- Adopt a style that requires learners to think and participate
- Develop questioning skills and error correction techniques
- Appreciate the different styles of learning, and design training sessions that engage all styles
- Use group facilitation skills to arouse and maintain interest of learners
- Evaluate their own and trainees’ performance and give constructive feedback
- Use skills to influence a challenging audience
What is different about this course?
It’s NOT DEATH BY POWERPOINT! This is what our delegates find most different: the level of participation which starts within 30 seconds of them entering the room. Many comment on the ease of the learning and how much they have taken in without realising it.
What are the changes delegates can expect, along with the benefits to the business?
Delegates will have a better understanding of the learning process, being able to deliver courses that appeal to all learning styles. Many have also testified improving life skills, dealing with people, listening, communication and developing rapport more easily.
One of the benefits to the business is having improved team training and trainers with a higher level of confidence.
“Loved the content, the delivery and the way Vince puts everyone at ease to get everyone involved”
Alex Cumiskey, Larkmead Vets.
“Very engaging course and a motivated speaker.”
Victoria Roberts, Wright & Morten
“Vince was very approachable and I certainly learnt lots”
Petra Hewitt, Armour Vet Group
“Logical, well structured, clear. Plenty of learning opportunities and review time”
Jeanette Davies, Charter Vets